Real Estate Law
- Texas residential and commercial real estate consultations including review/comment on proposed transactions, TREC and TAR earnest money contracts, title commitments, and closing documents
- Legal representation in residential and commercial transactions
- Combined broker/lawyer representation in the entire transaction (discounted commission)
- Texas earnest money contracts, warranty deeds, real estate lien notes, deeds of trust, leases, lien releases, assignments, options, and affidavits
- Creative real estate closing documents for assumptions, owner financing, wraparounds, “subject to” deals, hard-money loans, and land trusts, with consideration given to Dodd-Frank and the SAFE Act (but excluding RMLO services)
- Documentation for real estate investors, including wholesaling and flips, “subject to” transactions, and wraparounds
- Leases and assignment of leases for residential and commercial properties
- Lien release against the homestead
- Living trusts, land trusts, and anonymity trusts for estate planning and real estate investors
- Foreclosures and evictions in the Houston, Texas area
- Representation in disputes and litigation involving Texas real estate
- Clearing title to heirship property
- Real estate documents for Texas divorce settlements
- Estate planning for real estate investors
- Formation of traditional LLCs and series LLCs in Texas and Nevada
- General partnerships, limited partnerships, and joint ventures
- Sale and purchase of business entities
- Business contracts of all types
- Mediation involving business disputes
We are an email-oriented office, so our online consultations begin with an email back-and-forth dialogue between attorney and client which may be supplemented by an optional phone call. We are usually available to begin promptly after we receive payment, a summary of basic facts, and copies of supporting documents, if any. No appointment is necessary to begin the process.
Our attorney’s objective is to first gather basic facts and supporting documents, after which he can offer a legal opinion, answer questions, and advise on suggested options. The maximum available attorney time is one hour or two hours (depending on the type of consultation involved) which may be spread over up to three calendar days, after which the consultation automatically concludes. This process has proven very popular with clients, because it is unrushed and the client has a written email record of the legal advice given.
We make every effort to respond promptly to emailed questions during business hours on business days (defined by CST). Our response time for online consultation questions (and most online document preparation projects) is usually one to two business days from the time we receive all necessary information and payment from the client – but it can be sooner depending on our backlog.
Advance payment is required for both online and in-office services. No free attorney time is available. In the case of online consultations and document preparation, files go into our queue in the order in which payment is made. Note that we do not open a file or save attachments until payment is made . . . so please wait until after you have retained us to send documents and attachments, as there will be no file to put them in. For in-office appointments, payment must be received before the appointment goes onto the attorney’s calendar.
There are a variety of available payment options including credit/debit and Paypal, as well as wire transfer and direct deposit to our operating account at Wells Fargo. If you would like to have a no-obligation itemized statement prior to making payment, we will gladly provide one.
Supporting and Background Documentation
After retaining us (not before please, since we will not yet have set up your file), please send copies of supporting documents by email or fax to (832) 201-5327. We will need to see these in order to thoroughly advise you. Please supply only documents that are directly relevant to your legal issues.
Please click below to complete our Client Inquiry Form. Our initial response will be preliminary and general in nature and not a formal legal opinion. You will then have the option of proceeding with paid legal services if you wish. We would be glad to generate a no-obligation itemized statement for you upon request.
Thank you for your interest in our law firm. We look forward to being of assistance to you.